Tuesday, October 30, 2007

random mumblings

It seems that everything with my card will work out, I've got some money, have cancelled the card, and am now just waiting for a new one to arrive and for the paperwork concerning the false charges to be processed so I can (hopefully) get my money back. What a mess though, must have been sort of stressed out because I got a headache yesterday evening. At the moment I'm at the library in between my cultures of childhood seminar and my shakespeare seminar which is from 2:30 - 4:30, the nice thing is it never feels like it is two hours long, they tend to go by quickly. At the moment we're reading Hamlet though I'm a tad behind, I'm still on Richard III, shakespeare is slow reading but it's worth it to read it and actually understand what is happening (which I can only do if I read it slowly). On friday I'm jetting off to Galway, Ireland to go visit Megan for awhile (until wednesday!). Traveling alone so it should be a good experience for me, involves a train to the airport, and then a plane, and then a bus from the airport to Galway (since I'm not flying directly into Galway). Yesterday I switched my dollars over to euros at the post office to be able to have some euros to use in Ireland because without a debit card I have no access to their form of money. Tonight is a "do lots of homework and reading until I fall asleep" kind of night, filled with several cups of tea I'd imagine (or hot chocolate!). Yesterday I went to poundland to get some hot chocolate since it's cheap there, only a pound! There was a young man asking how much a toy was and it took a lot of effort to keep from cracking up, he was in poundland for goodness sakes. Jessica and I used to think it was hilarious to go to the dollar store and go around asking how much everything was, looking back probably more annoying than funny. Well, no, it's still pretty amusing. Today I really need to go to the grocery store because I've run out of milk and it would be good to have some more for my tea, rather than stealing my housemates (well, more like borrowing, we share milk if we run out because it's one of those things thats cheap here and goes bad fairly quickly so you might not run out without sharing). We have had some issues with food stealing though, it's just been one housemate and he sort of has a blatant disregard for the fact that not all the food in the house is for his use, people purchase their own food to eat themselves not to just have laying around for everyone to use. I mean, if you run out and ask someone to borrow some pasta, or whatnot, and promise to replace it, that's one thing, but just taking things without asking isn't so nice. We're also a pretty messy house which doesn't bother me, makes me feel at home actually haha, but theres alllways dirty dishes and the rubbish is usually pretty full and you know, stuff like that, it's always a big deal if someone does all the washing. I've been cleaning up right after eating just because it easier to clean then, nothings stuck to anything, and that way I avoid having the messy reptuation in the house. Though, sometimes I leave a mug, or a spoon or something to clean the next day. Hmm well the time sort of flew between classes, I've got to go do a small assignment sort of thing and then head off to class, and then go pick up my photos I developed yesterday to maybe enter into a photo competition they have here, they're not very artistic but just photos I really enjoyed and thought maybe someone else might too. We'll see how they came out. Also have to run over to the train station and purchase train tickets for friday to get to the airport. So, all in all a busy day. Hopefully a productive and busy day. More soon...

1 comment:

George Blanchette said...

Off to travel on you own.
Always an adventure.
Call me if the need arises.
love, dad