Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Classes

Classes are going well here but it’s weird how infrequently they meet, I’m used to three times a week for an hour, or twice a week for an hour forty, and then a lab or two on top of it for 3 or so hours each. On Mondays I have an hour of class, Tuesdays 3.5 hours, Wednesdays 1 hour every other week, Thursdays I have 2 hours of class, and well folks, that is basically my class schedule minus a few changes on some weeks depending on what we’re doing. My professor for Shakespeare is great because she’s so involved in what she’s teaching, you can tell she really loves it, but she’s also a bit crazy. During one seminar she brought in a doll and a teddy bear and set them on the chair next to me and told the class that “Shakespeare makes you curious” so that we would just have to wait and find out what these props were for later on in the class. We had to act out a scene from one of Shakespeare’s plays and that’s where the bear and doll came in handy….and the tin of chocolates she brought too (which she shared with us after, yum yum). The only problem with this class is that everyone in the class is studying english literature and well, I’m not, and have never studied Shakespeare really ever minus Romeo and Juliet in 7th grade or something so I feel a bit over my head in that class. Oh well, might just have to try a little harder to catch up to where the other people are. Cultures of Childhood is an interesting class (big, but interesting) I’ve enjoyed the poetry we’ve looked at so far and to be honest I haven’t read the book I should read for Tuesdays class yet (and it’s Monday) but it’s Alice in Wonderland so I think I might be able to handle doing that today. Cognitive Neuropsychology is the one class where I feel at home in. I actually participated during the first class and knew what the professor was talking about which was such a good feeling after the two English classes where I was a bit lost, not gonna lie. Yeah I think that’s all I have to say about class really so far, it’s only been a week and a day of class so I’m sure there will be more to say later, don’t worry. And honestly, you’d rather see more pictures! 

2 comments:

JayT. said...

Hey Cass,

Your lit. classes sound great. I hope Shakespeare grows on you. Hamlet and Lear are among my favorite works in all literature.

mimi said...

Hi there,

I bet that now some time has gone by, Shakespeare has gotten better for you. Have faith. It will.-----Jay knows.